Some character names have become so overused and such cliches in Romancelandia that putting them in your story is embarrassing and laughable. Come on, you certainly have more imagination than that! Or at least could find a baby name book and pick something different. Just don't drift too far into uniqueness and end up with a name your readers will never be able to figure out how to pronounce.
Most cliched and overused character names in romance novels
1. Luc, Lucian, Lucius for male vampires
2. Angelique for female vampires
3. Devil or Devlin - especially in a Regency
4. Colt, Colter, Cade or Cady - especially for cowboys
5. Wolf, Wolfe, or Wulfe - no, no, not another brooding medieval hero!
6. Gray or Grey - Be different, why not Puce or Teal or Magenta?
7. Hawk / Hawke
8. Brand / Brandon
9. Heather - You know, people did name their daughters other things during the Seventies.
10. Jason, Jace, Jayce (ditto)
11. Deveraux as the last name of anyone living in New Orleans
12. Rock, Stone, Granite - Is he a guy or a geological feature?
13. Aiden for every hero of Irish descent