1. Frank Baum's Oz from The Wizard of Oz.
2. Lewis Carroll's Wonderland from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
3. C.S. Lewis's Narnia from The Chronicles of Narnia.
4. J.K. Rowling's magical Britain (such as magical houses, Hogwarts, and Diagon Alley) in the Harry Potter novels.
5. The futuristic Earth of Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game.
6. Terry Prachett's Discworld.
7. The dimension on the other side of the tesseract in Madeline L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time series.
8. Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek universe.
9. Fantastica in Michael Ende's The Neverending Story.
10. Charles de Lint's Newford from the Newford series of books.
11. The All-World universe and its portals on Earth in Stephen King's Dark Tower series.
12. The Dreaming from Neil Gaiman's The Sandman.
13. J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth in The Lord of the Rings.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Labels: Thursday 13