By Kelli Collins
One hundred people surveyed, top five answers are on the board...
Not really. Just the top answer is on the board, but if you've seen Family Feud, you get the gist. All the fun of the game without all the perviness of Richard Dawson! Win! The following is a shortened version of a game I hosted at RomantiCon 2010, used to illustrate some of the most over-used items in Ellora's Cave books. If you weren't able to attend, here's your chance to get in on the action and prove your romance/erotica smarts. Using Comments, post your best guesses to the questions below, whatever you suspect might have been the #1 answer. The person who guesses the most correct answers wins an ebook of his or her choice!
Deadline: Tues., Nov. 30; answers posted and winner announced Wed., Dec. 1. Good luck!
(Tip: Answers are collectively culled from all genres. And your gut instinct is usually correct.)
1. Name the most overused hero name
2. Name the most common adjective used to describe an erection
3. Name a type of sex play authors throw in their books to get the BDSM icon
4. Name the most common uncommon eye color for heroes OR heroines
5. Not counting those that are sexual or romantic in nature ("passion", "love", "desire", etc.), name the most overused word in erotic titles
6. Name the most common adjective used to describe a vagina
7. Name the most common thing a hero does to a woman's nipples
8. Other than a bedroom, name the most common place characters have sex
9. Name the most common last name authors use for their pseudonym
10. Name the most common occupation for romance heroes
11. Name the most common way that M/M heroes meet
12. Name the most common euphemism for coming