What happens in the Cave doesn't always stay there...
Conversations and news from Ellora's Cave Publishing,
an erotic romance publisher.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
More Arms to Hold You
Yes indeed, as another blog announced for us, were-ducks are the next big fad in paranormal romance! But there are other shapeshifters we would love to see.
1. Were-octopus - Not only are male octopuses totally alphas who will jealously fight to the death for their ladies, they're also the cuddly sort who will hold hands! Also, just think how cozy it'd be to fall asleep with eight strong arms wrapped tightly around you. What's not to like?
2. Were-kiwi - There are a lot of attractive fellas in New Zealand, so why not an actual kiwi? These birds are adorable and are keen to settle down—pairs usually mate for life. Plus, they have really long beaks, and you know what they say about big noses.
3. Were-skunk - We all know a man's natural musk is sexier than any cologne, and these guys have it over everyone. And hey, don't they all live in Paris and have those sexy French accents?
4. Were-gerbil - To hear my cousin's husband's sister's friend tell it about some guy she knew, these fellas are always willing to explore...new territory in the bedroom.
5. Were-penguin - No matter where you go, he'll always be well-dressed.
6. Were-donkey - He'll always be the first to admit he's an ass.
7. Were-seahorse - Four words: He. Carries. The. Babies. My hero.
8. Were-koala - His breath will always be fresh from all that eucalyptus.
9. Were-turkey - He's the perfect man to bring home to your family for Thanksgiving.
10. Were-raccoon - Forget a man who always takes out the trash. This guy will just make it disappear—and you won't even have to cook him dinner! Plus, he has that sexy eye mask—perfect for any Zorro fantasies you might have.
11.Were-anteater - Have you seen the tongue on this beastie? Oh yeah, any romance heroine would welcome him into her bed. Also, does your house need an exterminator? Problem solved!
12. Were-whales - For a romance hero, bigger is always better.
13. Were-Corgi - Sucking up is a proven path to success. Using your publisher's or editor's adored pets as heroes or heroines of a novel is sure to make you a best-seller!