by Helen Woodall
Last year in Australia there was a court case when a company tried to sack a female staff member who was caught having sex in the company bathtub with two male colleagues. The case was dismissed – although the woman was instructed to lock the door next time! But it got me thinking about the places that characters in books have sex.
A bed is so boring. Even the tub is pretty average.
So here are 13 not-so-average venues from romance novels - with some books you can check out for inspiration.
Tell us the wildest sex location you've read in a novel! Or, of course, the craziest place you've had sex yourself.
1. On the hood of a 67 GTO in Philadelphia's Fairmont Park — Between a Rock and a Hard-on by Cindy Spencer Pape
2. In the library against a bookshelf — Complicated by Zannie Adams
3. In a cave — Surprised by Desire by Katie Blu, Close Up by Virginia Kantra, Hunting Midnight by Emma Holly
4. Up against the front door — High Noon by Nora Roberts
5. In a cemetery — Shades of Gray by Amarinda Jones
6. In a dungeon — Son of the Morning by Linda Howard, Surrender in the Dark by Silvia Violet
7. Under a waterfall — Chrysanthemum by Anny Cook and a number of other books
8. In an elevator — Anytime, Darlin’ by Julia Barrett, Because I Can by Amarinda Jones, Feels So Right by Carol Lynne
9. On a paint-covered art canvas — Perilous Passions by Teri Thackston
10. Inside an Egyptian pyramid — Dreams of Annubis by Maria Isabel Pita, (or the Americas version, inside Mayan ruins - Wild Jade by Kathy Kulig)
11. In a photobooth — Thief of Mine by Amarinda Jones
12. On a silver Ducati motorcycle roaring down the highway — Once Upon a Wedding by Desiree Holt
13 On a plane — Pearl Cove by Elizabeth Lowell, Fear of Flying by Erica Jong, Everyday, Average Jones by Suzanne Brockmann
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Labels: Thursday 13