1. Authors who can spell--and proofread!
2. Authors who can create intensely emotional stories.
3. Authors who understand the importance of world-building, and create lush and unique worlds.
4. Control+Z (undo!) and authors who use it correctly.
5. Onelook.com - your one-stop dictionary look-up.
6. Authors who will apply corrections and advice not only where the editor has suggested, but to the rest of the story AND future writing. It's never too late to learn!
7. Control+F...used very carefully.
9. Authors with a sense of humor.
10. Authors who love to research.
11. Authors who ask, "What can I do to make this story better?"
12. Authors who understand the publishing world.
13. Authors who take that extra minute to say thanks for everything we do.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Things Editors are Thankful For
Besides turkey and stuffing, and family and friends, there are things editors give thanks for on this day.