Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our Favorite Historical Romances

As you can see, our tastes differ wildly.
Favorite Historical Romances
1. anything by Georgette Heyer
2. anything by Lisa Kleypas
3. anything by Arnette Lamb
4. Charming the Prince by Teresa Medeiros
5. The Accidental Bride by Jane Feather
6. Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
7. Hummingbird by LaVyrle Spencer
8. The Rake by Mary Jo Putney
9. The Velvet Promise by Jude Deveraux
10. Not Quite A Lady by Loretta Chase
11. Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen Woodiwiss
12. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
13. The Tiger’s Woman by Celeste DeBlasis

4 comments:

Liana Brooks said...

What, no Jane Austen?

Anonymous said...

Have you read The Spymaster's Lady by Joanna Bourne? I can't tell enough people how much I love Bourne's writing. :)

And I wonder, perhaps, at Outlander being labeled "historical romance." I love the book, but I might place it in the paranormal category instead.

Anny Cook said...

The Windflower by Laura London (Tom and Sharon Curtis) and Morning Glory by LaVryle Spencer.

Kimber Li said...

Hmm, none of my favorites made your list, although I admire Diana Gabaldon immensely.

NEFERTITI by Michelle Moran (Numero Uno)

THE BOOK THIEF

MASTER OF VERONA by David Blixt

THE RED QUEEN'S DAUGHTER by Jacqueline Kosolov {Just posted a review of it yesterday.}