Thursday, June 5, 2008

Our Favorite Contemporary Romances

Boy, trying to limit any of these "favorite books" lists to just 13 is impossible. But more so with contemporaries, since so much of the romance genre falls into that category and so many of the "big names" write there.
Favorite Contemporary Romances

1. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
2. BitterSweet by LaVyrle Spencer
3. Breathing Room Susan Elizabeth Phillips
4. Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts
5. Crazy books (Crazy Sweet, Crazy Kisses, etc.) by Tara Janzen
6. East of Easy by Linda Bleser
7. Mackenzie stories by Linda Howard
8. Men in Kilts by Katie MacAlister
9. Midnight Angel by Lisa Marie Rice
10. Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard
11. Open Season by Linda Howard
12. Tell Me Lies by Jennifer Crusie
13. Trust Me by Jayne Ann Krentz

5 comments:

Kimber Li said...

None of my favorites made your list.

PROTECT AND SERVE, SWEET SENSATION by Gwyneth Bolton

BABY, I'M YOURS by Karen Templeton

Anonymous said...

Oh, Linda Howard is the reason I want to write contemporary romance. I loved the MacKenzie stories, and Mr. Perfect. Great list!

Terry Odell said...

I noticed the absence of one of my favorites as well -- Susan Wiggs

Belle Scarlett said...

You had me at "Jayne Ann Krentz"

Lynn LaFleur said...

Mirror Image by Sandra Brown.
Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts.
A Killing Tide by P. J. Alderman.

Lynn